HORSE SEMEN CONTRACT
Mares Barn Name ______________________________
Collection fee paid/amount/cc card ____________________________________________________
Container deposit charged/amount/date ____________________________________________
Container returned date/fee refunded amount/date _______________________________________
Breeding certificate sent /date/copy in file_______________________________________
This contract is to purchase fresh chilled semen from Bellissima Farms stallion listed above.
Made on this day __________________ between Ursula Levy and/or Ted Opalinski, doing business as Bellissima Farms, and Mare Owner/Lessor for insemination of mare identified below:
Mare___________________________________________________ Registry & # ________________________________
Date of birth ____________________ (Circle on) Full breed Cross breed Semen fees__________________________
PSSM1 - status Circle one: PSSM1 - clear PSSM1 - single gene PSSM1 - two genes
Mare Owner/Lessor information:
Mare Owner/Lessor ______________________________________ Circle one: Owner Lessor
(If Lessor, please attach signed permission to breed by owner)
Email address _______________________________________________________________
***Please attach clear photos of mare
In the event of any potential failure to collect (weather, illness, injury, etc.), please choose alternate stallion of equivalent value in order to coordinate with delivery schedule. Notification will be made if substitution is necessary.
Alternate stallion preference _____________________________________________________________________
Bellissima Farms and Mare Owner/Lessor mutually agree that this contract includes the following terms and conditions:
1. Customer is legal owner or legal lessor of mare and desires to purchase semen for artificial insemination. Use of this semen is limited to mare covered by this contract and for no other. A Breeding Certificate will be issued to register one foal per mare.
2. Prior to collection, customer pays all collection fees and container deposits via credit card. Upon return of container, credit will be issued.
3. Should mare fail to conceive in 2 cycle, Bellissima Farms may require testing be performed prior to more collection/shipping.
4. Agreed breeding fee is $____________ which Client agrees to pay in full before semen is collected. Collection and ship fees are seperate and should be paid seperetely. Paypal is usually preferred option, but other methods may be discussed. All payments to be cleared prior to any collection.
5. Client will insure insemination is performed by professional (vet or certified/licensed/qualified reproduction technician.
6. Verification ultra-sound is recommended between 16-20 days following insemination. If confirmed, another ultra sound should be performed between 28-45 days to confirm. At this time, client agrees to notify Bellissima Farms of pregnancy confirmation.
7. Bellissima Farms will make every effort to assist Clients' vet in getting mare pregnant, however, should mare fail to conceive and completed veterinary form certifying failure and subsequent testing performed, Bellissima Farms will renew this contract on similar terms and conditions , for next breeding cycle, with no charge for semen. Collection and shipping fees will remain constant and are expected to be paid prior to collection, as well as container deposit (if already refunded). Bellissima Farms reserves the right to request substitute comparable mare depending on information from Client and their vet regarding breeding condition of mare.
8. Should mare fail to carry the conception to full term and deliver a live foal that stands and nurses, a return priviledge will be granted which must be used in the next breeding season on same mare or comparable mare owned or leased by Client. In such case, Breeding Fee will be waived but Client continues to be responsible for collection and shipping fees. If stallion is no longer available, Bellissima Farms retains right to implement substitute stallion after verification with Client. A veterinary certificate must be submitted concerning early embryonic death, abortion or stillborn nature of foal plus a breeding soundness report of Mare to be re-bred to affect this LFG (live foal guarantee). This guarantee also covers the death of Mare prior to time of birth of foal, if foal does not survive. This guarantee is void if the mare has not been fed nutritionally balanced hay/grains, is left unattended for foaling or medically neglected. "Medically neglected" includes all Pneumabort shots thru out gestation (5, 7 and 9 months), Spring/Fall shots, rabies, parasite eradication, daily psyllim husk to prevent colic and necessary vet care for all months of pregnancy, including shelter. Failure to comply voids LFG. It is suggested records be kept to verify facts.
9. Client assumes all responsibilities for condition of Mare, all risk of loss or damage to Mare by death, disease, injury, infection or otherwise and by any cause whatsoever including inappropriate , untimely or negligent insemination or failure to inseminate. Client holds harmless Bellissima Farms , its owners, officers, directors, employees, and agents from any liability for any and all damages associated therewith.
10. Client agrees to use the semen requested ONLY for mare listed in this contract. Should Client use semen with alternate mare or multiple mares, it is agreed Client will pay Bellissima Farms a penalty fee in the amount of $10,000.00 per incident, payable within 45 days of use of semen.
Client initials __________
11. This breeding contract is subject top interpretation under laws of the State of Pennsylvania and any disputes regarding contract must be brought in court of lawful jurisdiction in Westmoreland County.
12. When signed by both parties this contract is binding on both Client and Bellissima Farms. This Contract is not assignable or transferrable. Any alterations to this Contract makes it null and void. This Contract constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with regard to the subject matter hereof, and supercedes all previous agreements. There are no other agreements, representations or warranties, either oral or written, between or among the parties.
Ursula Levy or Ted Opalinski, authorized agents of Bellissima Farms and date